So, about those pron bots, eh? Lovely that they’re all gone.
the state of flagging is so bad that people starts to make a game out of it for shit & giggles
Hahaha! It also helps that I just like… Really really really like drawing pinups too. And I haven’t done any in forever, so why not make a game out of it? Have some fun in light of a pretty shit situation.
And Tumblr intentionally hiding the warnings so people can easily see what’s getting flagged? Yeah, they know they’ve fucked up and are just trying to cover their asses.
Want to know what the ironic part of this is? Technically art isnt suppose to be effected by the new rules! (Well nudity wise, you still cant draw the act of sex) so them flagging echo is clearly treason.
Yup! Though considering their algorithm can’t tell porn from puppies, I remain highly unconvinced that this part of the rule will hold up in practice. Maybe if I put her in a more vintage pinup pose, hmmmm.
THERE IS A LOOPHOLE IN THE TUMBLR NONSENSE! HAVE ECHO PRESENT GIDEON’S NIPPLES TO A GROUP OF PEOPLE! That way it’s still “Female presenting nipples” but it’s not HEEERRRRR nipples.
Oh, if only dear annon! I thought I got away with it but it seems to be not the case. But that doesn’t mean I can’t try with the boys still. >D
Hi Tumblr, I’m back with another script after last night. This time it comes with actual instructions 😛 I recorded a demo video of the script running. It’s available here: https://flight-of-the-felix.tumblr.com/post/180811718885/demo-for-the-tumblr-flagging-tester
For those familiar with Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey, this is a known process. If not, follow these steps:
1. Install the tampermonkey browser extension via the official site.
2. Click the toolbar button, press Dashboard.
3. From the Dashboard, press the plus sign in the horizontal toolbar.
4. Replace all text in the editor with the code of the script, available here: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/boisei0/2ea7d7145d04a1cc5864d316271d09fd/raw/cdc766443dd32ee545c4feb41510a9abd210748b/tumblr_flagging_score_checker.js
5. Click File -> Save. The script should now enable itself.
6. Close the tab with the editor.
7. Open a new tab with the Tumblr dashboard: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard and wait until the script is fully loaded and the black-with-white box is displayed.
8. Follow the instructions on the screen.
Since this script will now run every time you open the tumblr dashboard, disable it again after usage: With the dashboard open, click the toolbar button for Tampermonkey. Now click the switch to disable the “tumblr score checker 2.0” again.
As for those wondering about “what am I going to run on my tumblr, is it even save?”, if you would like to feel free to check the code, but what it does is get the so called “form key” from the page (tumblr uses it internally to communicate between pages, e.g. xkit uses it too). Next, this form key is used in combination with the part of the server that loads blogs in the sidebar view. The loading code returned by the server has information about whether or not posts are flagged, and a lot of extra information.
Also feel free to spread this script around 🙂
Some screenshots for additional guidance are placed below
Reblogging for anyone else who would like an easy way to check their blog. It’s v. handy.